The University of Divinity welcomes and provides overseas students with a safe, enjoyable and rewarding place to study. The University complies with Australia’s law to promote quality education and consumer protection of overseas students. Pastoral and academic support is offered to all students.
Support for Overseas Students
The University offers a range of services to support and help students to succeed in their studies. These include:
- A compulsory orientation program for all new overseas students
- Library orientation
- English language skills assistance
- Academic skills assistance
- Course advice and course planning
- Pastoral care
- Reference to other services and emergency contacts
These services are delivered by each College for their overseas students. Please consult the summary guide to overseas student support resources, which is arranged by state.
Apply for Admission
Overseas students may commence studies in Semester 1 or Semester 2 each year. The closing dates for applications are 15 April and 15 November.
- Apply for a student visa
- Admission and Enrolment Forms
- Admissions Policy (including English Language Proficiency Requirements, Section 6)
Not sure if you should apply as an overseas student or a domestic student? Check out our Types of Students guide for more information and definitions.
Pathway to Victoria Scholarship
The Victorian Government is offering scholarships of up to AU$2500 to eligible overseas students who complete an approved English Language Studies Centre for Pastoral Ministry (ELSPM) program or Foundation Studies Program, before commencing their award degree at the University of Divinity in 2022 or 2023.
The Pathway to Victoria Scholarship Program has been made possible by funding from the Victorian Government through Study Melbourne.
Overseas Student Sponsor
Many of our overseas students are sponsored financially by a third party, such as a church or religious institution in their home country. If your church or religious institution would like to find out about becoming a sponsor of an overseas student, get in touch with us for more information.
Fees and Charges
Tuition fees and how to pay are available on the Fees page.
Fees for overseas students are the same as those for domestic students. Overseas applicants are charged an application fee of AUD$300.
Enrolment and Student Details
Once successfully admitted into a course of study at the University of Divinity, overseas students must be enrolled in a full-time study load (contact your College Registrar or Course Advisor for more information on the requirements for your course).
All overseas students are required to enrol into the required number and classification of units for each study period of your enrolled course of study.
If you are unable to commence the course in the semester you applied for, you may be able to defer commencement. For more information, read our Deferring, Suspending or Cancelling Enrolment Guide for Overseas Students.
More information about studying in Australia
- Study in Australia
- Study in Adelaide & South Australia
- Study in Melbourne & Victoria
- Australian Government Education Services for Overseas Students
- Australian Government Education Services for Overseas Students Fact Sheet
- National Code of Practice for Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2018
- University of Divinity Transfer between Registered Providers Policy