The University of Divinity Council sets tuition fees and fees for other services annually. Fees at the University are governed by the Fees Policy. The approved schedule of tuition fees can be downloaded below.

Fees for the provision of academic documents are approved by the University Council and may be found in the Academic Documents Policy and Procedures.

How to pay student tuition fees

The student tuition fee for a unit must be paid in full prior to the commencement of a unit. Fees are paid directly to the University of Divinity at the time of admission or re-enrolment. Domestic students may pay fees by any one of the following methods:

1.         FEE-HELP

Australian citizens and holders of a permanent humanitarian visa may defer the payment of fees through the FEE-HELP loan scheme.  Tuition fees are paid by the government, and debited to a loan account. Students are not required to begin repaying the accumulated loan debt until their taxable income rises above the compulsory repayment threshold. Please see www.studyassist.gov.au for more information. To apply, a Request for FEE-HELP Assistance form must be completed for each course, and proof of citizenship provided to your College. A new form does not need to be completed when re-enrolling in a course, and fees will continue to be charged to FEE-HELP unless the student advises the College of a change to upfront fee payment. For further information, please contact your College.

2.         Cheque or money order

Please attach a cheque or money order payable to the ‘University of Divinity’ to the admission form, re-enrolment form, or enrolment variation form as appropriate.

3.         Credit Card

Fees may be paid by VISA or Mastercard. No extra charge applies. Please provide credit card details and authorisation on the admission form, re-enrolment form or enrolment variation form. Students may specify a date when payment is to be processed, provided this date is prior to the commencement of units. If a payment is declined, students will be contacted.

4.         BPAY

Please indicate you wish to pay by BPAY on your admission form, re-enrolment form or enrolment variation form. Your College will then provide you with a Statement of Fees within a few days. This Statement includes the University BPAY Biller Code and a unique reference number. Students must ensure they have completed the BPAY transaction prior to commencement of units.

5.         Third party payment

Students whose fees are paid by a third party, such as a sponsor, church, or employer, must provide an official record from the third party such as a letter accepting responsibility for payment of the fees together with the admission form, re-enrolment form or enrolment variation form. The third party will be invoiced directly by the University. Students in this category may also elect to use the BPAY facility and pass the Statement of Fees to the sponsor for prompt payment.

6.         Research Fee Scholarship

Student tuition fees for doctoral students who have been awarded a Research Fee Scholarship will be met by Research Training Program funds. For information on how to apply for a Research Fee Scholarship, see the Research Grants and Scholarships page.

Refund of student tuition fees

The University’s Fees Policy provides for the refund of student tuition fees or the recrediting of a FEE-HELP balance when special circumstances apply.

Financial support

Students subject to financial hardship may be eligible to apply for a University Bursary. Please consult the Bursary Policy before completing a Bursary Application form and ensure you contact your College for assistance prior to submission.