You are an overseas student if you are:
- a temporary resident (visa status) of Australia,
- a permanent resident (visa status) of New Zealand, or
- a resident or citizen of any other country.
Conditions of study for this course
This course is only available to overseas students not residing in Australia.
- You will not require a visa to study this course.
The Graduate Certificate in Teaching Meditation is designed for those seeking to learn the methods and skills of teaching meditation and meditative prayer in a variety of situations including primary and secondary schools, parishes, hospitals and other settings. The course includes the history and practice of meditation and lectio divina and provides an opportunity for students to reflect on their own spiritual gifts.
Graduates of the Graduate Certificate in Teaching Meditation:
1. have knowledge of the practice of meditation and lectio divina in the Christian tradition;
2. have knowledge of the relationship between spiritual and psychological factors, and methods for developing them as an integrated whole;
3. have capacity to critically engage with the Christian prayer tradition in relation to the contemporary context including other spiritual traditions and scientific perspectives;
4. apply and assess appropriate models of prayer and meditation in various pastoral contexts;
5. apply and reflect on the communication skills required to lead meditation in a range of contexts.
The Graduate Certificate in Teaching Meditation consists of 72 points comprised of:
Locations and modes
The Course fulfils the membership requirements for Meditation Australia. Please note that individual applicants for Meditation Australia membership must verify that they have completed a minimum of two years of personal meditation practice.
The Graduate Certificate in Teaching Meditation is accredited by the following partner:
The standard full-time duration of the Graduate Certificate in Teaching Meditation is six months. The Graduate Certificate in Teaching Meditation must be completed in not less than six months and not more than two years from the date on which the course is commenced.
|Standard full-time||6 months|
|Maximum part-time||2 years|
Successful completion of an undergraduate degree, or an approved equivalent.
The Graduate Certificate in Teaching Meditation requires completion of 3 standard postgraduate units. Fees for 2023 are $2,882 per unit or $8,646 for a full-time semester (3 units).
Fees are subject to change from year to year. For more information about fees, please visit the Fees page.