You are an overseas student if you are:
- a temporary resident (visa status) of Australia,
- a permanent resident (visa status) of New Zealand, or
- a resident or citizen of any other country.
Conditions of study for this course
This course is only available to overseas students not residing in Australia.
- You will not require a visa to study this course.
The Graduate Certificate in Children and Families Ministry provides an academic qualification which can be used as an instrument for accrediting people who are engaged in ministry with children and their families. Safe practice and effective ministry with children demands practical expertise, pastoral awareness, and ethical depth. In the context of ministry with children and their families, the practical, spiritual, and pastoral disciplines are becoming increasingly important and recognised foci in the church and its associate agencies. This qualification will assist the church and associated agencies to build a cohort of professionals and enthusiasts; provide opportunities for growth in this ministry; grow expertise in the Children’s Ministry Network; improve skills and standards in the sector; and enhance community recognition for people engaged in ministry with children and their families.
Graduates of the Graduate Certificate in Children and Families Ministry
- have a broad knowledge of Biblical texts and the Christian tradition, particularly as these bear on ‘child theology,’ theologies of child, and child spirituality.
- apply a clearly articulated vision of mission to children and their families in various ministry contexts and contemporary culture.
- have a critical understanding of pastoral practices and theories of child development as these apply to ministry with children and their families.
- apply the skills of theological reflection personally and contextually resulting in a coherent practice of ministry with children and their families.
- have an understanding of ministry that recognises and values the spirituality and experiences of children.
The Graduate Certificate in Children and Families Ministry consists of 72 points comprised of:
a) DA8015S or DA8000P Children and Families Ministry: Core Issues in Diverse Contexts;
b) DS9019S or DS9719S or DS9030P or DS9039P The Nurture and Spiritual Guidance of Children; and
c) Further units at postgraduate level.
Locations and modes
The standard full-time duration of the Graduate Certificate in Children and Families Ministry is six months. The Graduate Certificate in Children and Families Ministry must be completed in not less than six months and not more than two years from the date on which the course is commenced.
|Standard full-time||6 months|
|Maximum part-time||2 years|
Successful completion of an undergraduate degree, or an approved equivalent.
The GCCFM requires completion of 3 standard postgraduate units. Fees for 2022 are $2,732 per unit or $8,196 for a full-time semester (3 units).
Fees are subject to change from year to year. For more information about fees, please visit the Fees page.