Overseas student type
You are an overseas student if you are:
- a temporary resident (visa status) of Australia,
- a permanent resident (visa status) of New Zealand, or
- a resident or citizen of any other country.
Conditions of study
- If residing in Australia the student will be classified as ‘On-Shore’. The student will require a visa to study.
- If residing overseas the student will be classified as ‘Off-Shore’. The student does not require a visa to study.
Student Visa 500
- A visa granted to non-Australian/New Zealand citizens residing and studying in Australia full-time.
- Course of study must be CRICOS registered.
- Cannot study more than 1/3 of course online.
The Undergraduate Certificate in Divinity offers students an opportunity to explore a range of theological, philosophical and ministry-related studies. Students may explore new or develop existing knowledge and skills for vocational and professional purposes. The Undergraduate Certificate provides a pathway to further undergraduate studies in divinity-related areas and is a foundation for lifelong learning.
The Undergraduate Certificate in Divinity is an undergraduate qualification taught in English which normally takes one semester of full-time study or two semesters of part-time study. The qualification requires successful completion of 72 points at undergraduate level from any discipline except Professional Counselling. Students may explore one or more areas such as: History, Philosophy, Biblical Studies, Theology, Mission and Ministry, Leadership, Education and Spirituality.
Graduates of the Undergraduate Certificate in Divinity
- have knowledge of some foundational concepts in the study of divinity.
- apply basic skills of interpretation to texts and concepts.
- apply knowledge and skills in contemporary contexts.
The Undergraduate Certificate in Divinity consists of 72 points of undergraduate units. Units in Professional Counselling (DZ) are not permitted for inclusion in this award.
The standard full-time duration of the Undergraduate Certificate in Divinity is one semester full-time or up to two semesters part-time.
|Standard full-time||6 months|
|Maximum part-time||1 year|
Pathways to future study
The Undergraduate Certificate in Divinity serves as an entry point to the University’s undergraduate awards in theology, philosophy and ministry.
Graduates may proceed to a Diploma in Theology, an Advanced Diploma in Theology and Ministry, an Advanced Diploma in Philosophy, or to the Bachelor of Ministry or Bachelor of Theology.
Successful completion of the Victorian Certificate of Education or equivalent. Probationary admission is available to approved persons aged 21 or greater who have not completed the Victorian Certificate of Education.
Prospective students apply by direct entry to a College of the University. The Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR) is not used in selection at the University of Divinity.
It may be possible for students to receive credit into their course for prior post-secondary study in theology or ministry.
The Undergraduate Certificate in Divinity requires completion of 4 standard undergraduate units (72 points). Fees for 2021 are $1,704 per standard unit or $6,816 for a year of full-time study (4 units).
Fees are subject to change from year to year. For more information about fees, please visit the Fees page.