Colleges where it can be studied
- Australian Lutheran College
- Catholic Theological College
- Eva Burrows College
- Jesuit College of Spirituality
- Pilgrim Theological College
- St Athanasius College
- Stirling Theological College
- Trinity College Theological School
- Whitley College
- Yarra Theological Union
Level 8 – Bachelor Honours Degree, Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma
One year full-time or up to three years part-time.
Cost of study
The GDTheol requires completion of 6 standard postgraduate units. Fees for 2019 are $2,448 per standard unit or $14,688 for a full-time year (6 units).
Fees are subject to change from year to year. For more information about fees, please visit the Fees page.
What this course is about
The Graduate Diploma in Theology allows students to explore areas of interest in theology. It provides a substantial foundation for further study and a means of engaging Christian thought and traditions. Graduates are able to articulate insights for Christian practice and identity.
Course learning outcomes
Graduates of the Graduate Diploma in Theology:
- have knowledge of sources, terms and concepts required for theological engagement;
- have research, analysis and communication skills applicable to theological studies;
- apply skills of interpretation to a range of texts with awareness of context, implications and application to historical and or contemporary issues;
- apply relevant theological and hermeneutical skills in clearly articulating insights into life, work and community.
Follow on study
Graduates may proceed to a Masters award. Graduates who have included a Research Essay (12000 words) in their course may be eligible to apply for admission to a higher degree by research.
Admissions for first semester 2019 close on Friday 15 February 2019.
Admissions for second semester 2019 close on Friday 19 July 2019.
Successful completion of an undergraduate degree or a Graduate Certificate in Theology.
How to apply
The Graduate Diploma in Theology consists of 144 points comprised of:
- 72 points of Foundational units taken across three disciplines in at least two fields; and
- a further 72 points.
Black Bachelor gown
Where to get further information
- For detailed information about this course, please consult Regulation 20 Graduate Diploma in Theology, or talk to the course advisor at your chosen College.
- For further information about student support, please visit the Study page.
- Compare Universities using the Government’s Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching (QILT) website.