Overseas student type
You are an overseas student if you are:
- a temporary resident (visa status) of Australia,
- a permanent resident (visa status) of New Zealand, or
- a resident or citizen of any other country.
Conditions of study for this course
This course is available to overseas students residing in Australia and overseas students studying overseas.
- If residing in Australia, you will require a visa that allows study and note any conditions specified. These visas include;
- Bridging visas and Training Visas (Subclass 407), please check Home Affairs for the visa that is relevant to you.
- If you are on a Student Visa (Subclass 500) to study in Australia you must study full-time.
- You cannot study more than 1/3 of this course online.
- If residing overseas, you will not require a visa to study this course.
The Graduate Diploma in Theology allows students to explore areas of interest in theology. It provides a substantial foundation for further study and a means of engaging Christian thought and traditions. Graduates are able to articulate insights for Christian practice and identity.
Graduates of the Graduate Diploma in Theology:
- have knowledge of sources, terms and concepts required for theological engagement;
- have research, analysis and communication skills applicable to theological studies;
- apply skills of interpretation to a range of texts with awareness of context, implications and application to historical and or contemporary issues;
- apply relevant theological and hermeneutical skills in clearly articulating insights into life, work and community.
The Graduate Diploma in Theology consists of 144 points comprised of:
- 72 points of Foundational units taken across three disciplines in at least two fields; and
- a further 72 points.
Colleges where this course is available
The standard full-time duration of the Graduate Diploma in Theology is one year. The Graduate Diploma in Theology must be completed in not less than one year and not more than three years from the date on which the course is commenced.
|Standard full-time||1 year|
|Maximum part-time||3 years|
Pathways to future study
Graduates may proceed to a Masters award. Graduates who have included a Minor Thesis (16000 words) in their course may be eligible to apply for admission to a higher degree by research.
Successful completion of an undergraduate degree or a Graduate Certificate in Theology.
The Graduate Diploma in Theology requires completion of 6 standard postgraduate units. Fees for 2022 are $2,732 per standard unit or $16,392 for a full-time year (6 units).
Fees are subject to change from year to year. For more information about fees, please visit the Fees page.