Colleges where it can be studied
- Australian Lutheran College
- Catholic Theological College
- Eva Burrows College
- Pilgrim Theological College
- St Athanasius College
- Stirling Theological College
- Trinity College Theological School
- Whitley College
- Yarra Theological Union
Level 8 – Bachelor Honours Degree, Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma
- Blended (combination of Online and Face-to-face)
One year full-time or up to three years part-time.
Cost of study
The Graduate Diploma in Divinity requires completion of 6 standard postgraduate units. Fees for 2020 are $2,640 per standard unit or $15,840 for a full-time year (6 units).
Fees are subject to change from year to year. For more information about fees, please visit the Fees page.
What this course is about
The Graduate Diploma in Divinity allows students to explore multiple areas of interest in divinity and its associated disciplines or to engage with one or two areas in depth. It serves as a foundation for study of theology or philosophy and disciplines which are associated with them.
Note: This award may be used as an exit point from eligible students enrolled in a Masters degree who meet the admission requirements.
Course learning outcomes
Graduates of the Graduate Diploma in Divinity
- have advanced knowledge in one or more areas of divinity and associated disciplines
- have research, analysis and communication skills applicable to postgraduate study
- apply skills of interpretation to texts or concepts
- apply judgement based on theory, practice and tradition to contemporary issues.
Follow on study
Graduates may be eligible to proceed to a Masters award. Graduates who have included a Minor Thesis (16000 words) in their course may be eligible to apply for admission to a higher degree by research.
- Admissions for first semester 2020 close on Friday 14 February 2020.
- Admissions for second semester 2020 close on Friday 17 July 2020.
To be eligible for admission to the Graduate Diploma in Divinity, a candidate must have completed an undergraduate degree or a graduate certificate and either:
a) completed the equivalent of 72 points of theological study at the University of Divinity or another higher education provider; or
b) completed 144 points of study towards a Master’s award at the University of Divinity.
How to apply
The Graduate Diploma in Divinity consists of 144 points of Postgraduate Foundational or Postgraduate Elective units.
Black Bachelor gown
Where to get further information
- For detailed information about this course, please consult Regulation 81 Graduate Diploma in Divinity, or talk to the course advisor at your chosen College.
- For further information about student support, please visit the Study page.
- Compare Universities using the Government’s Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching (QILT) website.