Overseas student type
You are an overseas student if you are:
- a temporary resident (visa status) of Australia,
- a permanent resident (visa status) of New Zealand, or
- a resident or citizen of any other country.
Conditions of study for this course
This course is available to overseas students residing in Australia and overseas students studying overseas.
- If residing in Australia, you will require a visa that allows study and note any conditions specified. These visas include;
- Bridging visas and Training Visas (Subclass 407), please check Home Affairs for the visa that is relevant to you.
- If you are on a Student Visa (Subclass 500) to study in Australia you must study full-time.
- You cannot study more than 1/3 of this course online.
- If residing overseas, you will not require a visa to study this course.
The Graduate Diploma in Divinity allows students to explore multiple areas of interest in divinity and its associated disciplines or to engage with one or two areas in depth. It serves as a foundation for study of theology or philosophy and disciplines which are associated with them.
Note: This award may be used as an exit point from eligible students enrolled in a Masters degree who meet the admission requirements.
Graduates of the Graduate Diploma in Divinity
- have advanced knowledge in one or more areas of divinity and associated disciplines
- have research, analysis and communication skills applicable to postgraduate study
- apply skills of interpretation to texts or concepts
- apply judgement based on theory, practice and tradition to contemporary issues.
The Graduate Diploma in Divinity consists of 144 points of Postgraduate Foundational or Postgraduate Elective units.
Colleges where this course is available
The standard full-time duration of the Graduate Diploma in Divinity is one year. The Graduate Diploma in Divinity must be completed in not less than one year and not more than three years from the date on which the course is commenced.
|Standard full-time||1 year|
|Maximum part-time||3 years|
Pathways to future study
Graduates may be eligible to proceed to a Masters award. Graduates who have included a Minor Thesis (16000 words) in their course may be eligible to apply for admission to a higher degree by research.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor degree, or an approved equivalent; or
- Has obtained a Graduate Certificate from the University of Divinity
The Graduate Diploma in Divinity requires completion of 6 standard postgraduate units. Fees for 2022 are $2,732 per standard unit or $16,392 for a full-time year (6 units).
Fees are subject to change from year to year. For more information about fees, please visit the Fees page.