Overseas student type
You are an overseas student if you are:
- a temporary resident (visa status) of Australia,
- a permanent resident (visa status) of New Zealand, or
- a resident or citizen of any other country.
Conditions of study for this course
This course is available to overseas students residing in Australia and overseas students studying overseas.
- If residing in Australia, you will require a visa that allows study and note any conditions specified. These visas include;
- Bridging visas and Training Visas (Subclass 407), please check Home Affairs for the visa that is relevant to you.
- If you are on a Student Visa (Subclass 500) to study in Australia you must study full-time.
- You cannot study more than 1/3 of this course online.
- If residing overseas, you will not require a visa to study this course.
The Graduate Certificate in Research Methodology equips students to apply sophisticated research skills to complex issues such as the development of a research proposal, gathering of and conceptual processing of research material, and the presentation of a research artefact, such as a dissertation.
Graduates of the Graduate Certificate in Research Methodology
- have a working knowledge of terms, assumptions and approaches to research that are current in selected theological disciplines;
- have familiarity with research methods, protocols, practices and ethics;
- apply focussed research methods towards complex research issues;
- apply writing and communication skills to the presentation of research results.
Candidates for the Graduate Certificate in Research Methodology must complete 72 points as follows:
a) a unit in research methodology worth 24 points
b) RQ9748M Minor Thesis
Information regarding the Minor Thesis may be found in the Minor Thesis Policy.
The Graduate Certificate in Research Methodology may be completed part-time in one year, or over two years.
|Standard full-time||6 months|
|Maximum part-time||2 years|
Pathways to future study
Graduates who meet the other requirements for higher degrees by research may be eligible for admission to the Master of Theology, Doctor of Theology, Master of Philosophy or Doctor of Philosophy.
Successful completion of an undergraduate degree, or an approved equivalent.
The Graduate Certificate in Research Methodology requires completion of 3 standard postgraduate units. Fees for 2021 are $2,640 per unit or $7,920 for a full-time semester (3 units).
Fees are subject to change from year to year. For more information about fees, please visit the Fees page.