Colleges where it can be studied
- Catholic Theological College
- Eva Burrows College
- Pilgrim Theological College
- Stirling Theological College
- Trinity College Theological School
- Whitley College
Level 8 – Bachelor Honours Degree, Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma
One semester full-time or up to three semesters part-time.
Cost of study
The GCRM requires completion of 3 standard postgraduate units. Fees for 2019 are $2,448 per unit or $7,344 for a full-time semester (3 units).
Fees are subject to change from year to year. For more information about fees, please visit the Fees page.
What this course is about
The Graduate Certificate in Research Methodology equips students to apply sophisticated research skills to complex issues such as the development of a research proposal, gathering of and conceptual processing of research material, and the presentation of a research artefact, such as a dissertation.
Course learning outcomes
Graduates of the Graduate Certificate in Research Methodology
- have a working knowledge of terms, assumptions and approaches to research that are current in selected theological disciplines;
- have familiarity with research methods, protocols, practices and ethics;
- apply focussed research methods towards complex research issues;
- apply writing and communication skills to the presentation of research results.
Follow on study
Graduates who meet the other requirements for higher degrees by research may be eligible for admission to the Master of Theology, Doctor of Theology, Master of Philosophy or Doctor of Philosophy.
Admissions for first semester 2019 close on Friday 15 February 2019.
Admissions for second semester 2019 close on Friday 19 July 2019.
Successful completion of an undergraduate degree in theology, or an approved equivalent.
How to apply
Candidates for the Graduate Certificate in Research Methodology must complete 72 points as follows:
a) a unit in research methodology worth 24 points
b) RQ9748M Minor Thesis
Information regarding the Minor Thesis may be found in the Minor Thesis Policy.
Black Bachelor gown
Where to get further information
- For detailed information about this course, please consult Regulation 52 Graduate Certificate in Research Methodology, or talk to the course advisor at your chosen College.
- For further information about student support, please visit the Study page.
- Compare Universities using the Government’s Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching (QILT) website.