Colleges where it can be studied
- Australian Lutheran College
- Catholic Theological College
- Eva Burrows College
- Pilgrim Theological College
- St Athanasius College
- Stirling Theological College
- Trinity College Theological School
- Whitley College
- Yarra Theological Union
Level 8 – Bachelor Honours Degree, Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma
- Blended (combination of Online and Face-to-face)
One semester full-time or up to three semesters part-time.
Cost of study
The GCTheol requires completion of 3 standard postgraduate units. Fees for 2019 are $2,448 per unit or $7,344 for a full-time semester (3 units).
Fees are subject to change from year to year. For more information about fees, please visit the Fees page.
What this course is about
The Graduate Certificate in Theology qualifies students in theological study by developing or deepening their knowledge and skills in theological disciplines. It serves as a foundation for further study and a means of critically engaging Christian thought and traditions. Graduates are able to articulate insights for Christian life and social engagement.
Course learning outcomes
Graduates of the Graduate Certificate in Theology:
- have knowledge of sources, terms and conceptual frameworks required for theological engagement;
- have research, analysis and communication skills applicable to theological studies;
- apply skills of interpretation to texts and traditions with awareness of context, implications and application to historical and or contemporary issues;
- apply theological and hermeneutical skills in clearly articulating insights relevant to life, work and community settings.
Follow on study
Graduates may proceed to the Graduate Diploma in Theology or Master of Theological Studies.
- Admissions for first semester 2020 close on Friday 14 February 2020.
- Admissions for second semester 2020 close on Friday 17 July 2020.
Successful completion of an undergraduate degree, or an approved equivalent.
How to apply
The Graduate Certificate in Theology consists of 72 points of Foundational units taken across three Disciplines in at least two Fields.
Black Bachelor gown
Where to get further information
- For detailed information about this course, please consult Regulation 27 Graduate Certificate in Theology, or talk to the course advisor at your chosen College.
- For further information about student support, please visit the Study page.
- Compare Universities using the Government’s Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching (QILT) website.