Overseas student type
You are an overseas student if you are:
- a temporary resident (visa status) of Australia,
- a permanent resident (visa status) of New Zealand, or
- a resident or citizen of any other country.
Conditions of study for this course
This course is available to overseas students residing in Australia and overseas students studying overseas.
- If residing in Australia, you will require a visa that allows study and note any conditions specified. These visas include;
- Bridging visas and Training Visas (Subclass 407), please check Home Affairs for the visa that is relevant to you.
- If you are on a Student Visa (Subclass 500) to study in Australia you must study full-time.
- You cannot study more than 1/3 of this course online.
- If residing overseas, you will not require a visa to study this course.
The Graduate Certificate in Theology qualifies students in theological study by developing or deepening their knowledge and skills in theological disciplines. It serves as a foundation for further study and a means of critically engaging Christian thought and traditions. Graduates are able to articulate insights for Christian life and social engagement.
Graduates of the Graduate Certificate in Theology:
- have knowledge of sources, terms and conceptual frameworks required for theological engagement;
- have research, analysis and communication skills applicable to theological studies;
- apply skills of interpretation to texts and traditions with awareness of context, implications and application to historical and or contemporary issues;
- apply theological and hermeneutical skills in clearly articulating insights relevant to life, work and community settings.
The Graduate Certificate in Theology consists of 72 points of Foundational units taken across three Disciplines in at least two Fields.
The standard full-time duration of the Graduate Certificate in Theology is six months. The Graduate Certificate in Theology must be completed in not less than six months and not more than two years from the date on which the course is commenced.
|Standard full-time||6 months|
|Maximum part-time||3 years|
Pathways to future study
Graduates may proceed to the Graduate Diploma in Theology or Master of Theological Studies.
Successful completion of an undergraduate degree, or an approved equivalent.Graduates may proceed to the Graduate Diploma in Theology or Master of Theological Studies.
The GCTheol requires completion of 3 standard postgraduate units. Fees for 2021 are $2,640 per unit or $7,920 for a full-time semester (3 units).