Colleges where it can be studied
- Australian Lutheran College
- Catholic Theological College
- Eva Burrows College
- Jesuit College of Spirituality
- Pilgrim Theological College
- St Athanasius College
- Stirling Theological College
- Trinity College Theological School
- Whitley College
- Yarra Theological Union
Level 8 – Bachelor Honours Degree, Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma
- Blended (combination of Online and Face-to-face)
One semester full-time or up to three semesters part-time.
Cost of study
The GCDiv requires completion of 3 standard postgraduate units. Fees for 2019 are $2,448 per unit or $7,344 for a full-time semester (3 units).
Fees are subject to change from year to year. For more information about fees, please visit the Fees page.
What this course is about
The Graduate Certificate in Divinity allows students to explore areas of interest in divinity and its associated disciplines. It serves as an introduction to the broad field of study of theology or philosophy and disciplines which are associated with them.
Course learning outcomes
Graduates of the Graduate Certificate in Divinity
- have knowledge of key concepts in one or more areas of divinity and associated disciplines
- have basic research, analysis and communication skills applicable to postgraduate study
- apply skills of interpretation to texts or concepts.
Follow on study
Graduates may proceed to a Graduate Diploma or Masters’ degree by coursework.
Admissions for second semester 2019 close on Friday 19 July 2019.
Admissions for first semester 2020 close on Friday 14 February 2020.
Successful completion of an undergraduate degree, or an approved equivalent.
How to apply
Every course of study for the Graduate Certificate in Divinity consists of 72 points of Foundational or Elective units.
Black Bachelor gown
Where to get further information
- For detailed information about this course, please consult Regulation 76 Graduate Certificate in Divinity, or talk to the course advisor at your chosen College.
- For further information about student support, please visit the Study page.
- Compare Universities using the Government’s Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching (QILT) website.