Overseas student type
You are an overseas student if you are:
- a temporary resident (visa status) of Australia,
- a permanent resident (visa status) of New Zealand, or
- a resident or citizen of any other country.
Conditions of study for this course
This course is available to overseas students residing in Australia and overseas students studying overseas.
- If residing in Australia, you will require a visa that allows study and note any conditions specified. These visas include;
- Bridging visas and Training Visas (Subclass 407), please check Home Affairs for the visa that is relevant to you.
- If you are on a Student Visa (Subclass 500) to study in Australia you must study full-time.
- You cannot study more than 1/3 of this course online.
- If residing overseas, you will not require a visa to study this course.
The Graduate Certificate in Divinity allows students to explore areas of interest in divinity and its associated disciplines. It serves as an introduction to the broad field of study of theology or philosophy and disciplines which are associated with them.
Graduates of the Graduate Certificate in Divinity
- have knowledge of key concepts in one or more areas of divinity and associated disciplines
- have basic research, analysis and communication skills applicable to postgraduate study
- apply skills of interpretation to texts or concepts.
Every course of study for the Graduate Certificate in Divinity consists of 72 points of Foundational or Elective units.
Colleges where this course is available
The standard full-time duration of the Graduate Certificate in Divinity is one semester full-time or up to three semesters part-time.
|Standard full-time||6 months|
|Maximum part-time||1.5 years|
Pathways to future study
Graduates may proceed to a Graduate Diploma or Masters’ degree by coursework.
Successful completion of an undergraduate degree, or an approved equivalent.
The Graduate Certificate in Divinity requires completion of 3 standard postgraduate units. Fees for 2022 are $2,732 per unit or $8,196 for a full-time semester (3 units).
Fees are subject to change from year to year. For more information about fees, please visit the Fees page.