Overseas student type
You are an overseas student if you are:
- a temporary resident (visa status) of Australia,
- a permanent resident (visa status) of New Zealand, or
- a resident or citizen of any other country.
Conditions of study
- If residing in Australia the student will be classified as ‘On-Shore’. The student will require a visa to study.
- If residing overseas the student will be classified as ‘Off-Shore’. The student does not require a visa to study.
Student Visa 500
- A visa granted to non-Australian/New Zealand citizens residing and studying in Australia full-time.
- Course of study must be CRICOS registered.
- Cannot study more than 1/3 of course online.
The Graduate Certificate in Divinity allows students to explore areas of interest in divinity and its associated disciplines. It serves as an introduction to the broad field of study of theology or philosophy and disciplines which are associated with them.
Graduates of the Graduate Certificate in Divinity
- have knowledge of key concepts in one or more areas of divinity and associated disciplines
- have basic research, analysis and communication skills applicable to postgraduate study
- apply skills of interpretation to texts or concepts.
Every course of study for the Graduate Certificate in Divinity consists of 72 points of Foundational or Elective units.
The standard full-time duration of the Graduate Certificate in Divinity is one semester full-time or up to three semesters part-time.
|Standard full-time||6 months|
|Maximum part-time||1.5 years|
Pathways to future study
Graduates may proceed to a Graduate Diploma or Masters’ degree by coursework.
Successful completion of an undergraduate degree, or an approved equivalent.
The Graduate Certificate in Divinity requires completion of 3 standard postgraduate units. Fees for 2021 are $2,640 per unit or $7,920 for a full-time semester (3 units).
Fees are subject to change from year to year. For more information about fees, please visit the Fees page.