If you cannot make it to a ceremony you will graduate in absentia. You should still complete the registration process. If you graduate in absentia, your award will be acknowledged in your absence at the ceremony and your graduation academic documents will be posted to you, following the date of the ceremony.
Checklist to graduate in absentia
Once you have been approved to graduate by the University’s Academic Board, you will receive an email inviting you to:
- Register for your graduation ceremony (select the date).
- Select “Graduate In absentia” in the attendance section
- Check your full legal name with your College.
- Check your email and postal addresses are correct with your College.
- Ensure you have no outstanding tuition fees or library fines and outstanding loans.
- Respond to the email from the Academic Documents Manager (sent a few days before the ceremony date) if you wish to defer the postage of your documents.