You are an overseas student if you are:
- a temporary resident (visa status) of Australia,
- a permanent resident (visa status) of New Zealand, or
- a resident or citizen of any other country.
Conditions of study for this course
This course is only available to overseas students not residing in Australia.
- You will not require a visa to study this course.
The Master of Education and Theology enables students to apply advanced knowledge of the nexus between education and theology in professional practice contexts such as faith-based schools and prepares them for further learning in these disciplines.
Graduates of the Master of Education and Theology:
- have mastery of educational and theological concepts which underpin the practice and mission of faith-based learning contexts
- have skills to reflect critically on professional practice in faith-based learning contexts, informed by education and theological theory
- apply insights from the dialogue between education and theology to generate and evaluate complex concepts in professional practice and further learning
- have communication and technical research skills to investigate, interpret and justify theoretical propositions and professional decisions in faith-based learning contexts
- apply relevant skills in the disciplines of education and theology through the execution of a substantial research-based project, capstone experience or piece of scholarship.
The Master of Education and Theology consists of 216 points comprised of:
- Either DE9016L Education and Theology in Dialogue or both DE9014L / DE9015L Education and Theology in Dialogue Part A and Part B, or one of DE9663Y / DR9663Y / DM9663Y Leadership for Mission in a Catholic School
- 24 points in the discipline of Biblical Studies or the discipline of Systematic Theology
- 24 points in the discipline of Education or the discipline of Religious Education
- 24 points in the discipline of Education or the discipline of Religious Education or the discipline of Systematic Theology
- Either a Capstone unit of at least 24 points that integrates education and theology or the unit RQ9748M Minor Thesis on a related theme, as approved by an Academic Dean
- Further units at postgraduate level.
provided that at least 96 points of Postgraduate Elective units are included.
Locations and modes
The standard full-time duration of the Master of Education and Theology is eighteen months. The Master of Education and Theology must be completed in not less than eighteen months and not more than four and a half years from the date on which the course is commenced.
|Standard full-time||1.5 years|
|Maximum part-time||4.5 years|
Applicants must have:
- an undergraduate degree
- have obtained a qualification recognised for teacher registration in Australia
- have two years of full-time teaching experience or part-time equivalent
The Master of Education and Theology requires completion of 9 standard postgraduate units. Fees for 2022 are $2,732 per standard unit or $16,392 for a full-time year (6 units).
Fees are subject to change from year to year. For more information about fees, please visit the Fees page.