Overseas student type
You are an overseas student if you are:
- a temporary resident (visa status) of Australia,
- a permanent resident (visa status) of New Zealand, or
- a resident or citizen of any other country.
Conditions of study
- If residing in Australia the student will be classified as ‘On-Shore’. The student will require a visa to study.
- If residing overseas the student will be classified as ‘Off-Shore’. The student does not require a visa to study.
Student Visa 500
- A visa granted to non-Australian/New Zealand citizens residing and studying in Australia full-time.
- Course of study must be CRICOS registered.
- Cannot study more than 1/3 of course online.
The Graduate Certificate in Spirituality allows students to understand personal spiritual experience through introductory study of themes and approaches in Christian spirituality. It serves as a foundation for further study in spirituality or spiritual direction. Graduates are able to articulate insights for Christian practice and identity.
Graduates of the Graduate Certificate in Spirituality:
- have engaged with personal spiritual experience in light of foundational themes and approaches in spirituality and / or spiritual direction;
- have knowledge of the dynamics of the spiritual life through reflection on personal experience, integrated with foundational themes and approaches in spirituality and / or spiritual direction;
- apply the insights of Christian spirituality to understanding life, work and community.
The Graduate Certificate in Spirituality consists of 72 points comprised of one of the following programs.
Program 1: Candidates must complete either DS9201W The Art of Contemplative Practice or DS9108F The Weeks of the Spiritual Exercises, and a further 48 points in the discipline of Spirituality or Spiritual Direction.
Program 2: Candidates must complete the unit DS9000P or DS9009P Fullness of Life: Spirituality in Christian Tradition and 48 points selected from the following units:
- DS8010P Early Monastic Wisdom: The Desert and the City
- DS9300P Medieval Monastic Wisdom
- DS8400P Lent and Easter: Forty Days and Fifty Days
- DS8405P Prayer and Hospitality: Benedictine Spirituality in Australia
- DS9030P The Wisdom of St Benedict: The Rule and its Sources
The Graduate Certificate in Spirituality is one semester full-time or up to three semesters part-time.
|Standard full-time||6 months|
|Maximum part-time||1.5 years|
Successful completion of an undergraduate degree, or an approved equivalent.
The Graduate Certificate in Spirituality requires completion of 3 standard postgraduate units. Fees for 2021 are $2,640 per unit or $7,920 for a full-time semester (3 units).
Fees are subject to change from year to year. For more information about fees, please visit the Fees page.