Academic staff are appointed or employed by the Colleges and must be accredited by the University to become members of the University and to deliver units or courses, to supervise higher degrees by research or to become honorary researchers. In addition, the University also provides for the classification or promotion of academic staff. Accreditation is governed by the following documents:
Applications are managed by the Academic Quality Team. The outcome of an application for accreditation is reported to the applicant and the Academic Dean or Principal of the applicant’s College by the Office of the Vice-Chancellor. All applications must be completed and submitted electronically on the application form approved by the Vice-Chancellor, available below.
- Academic Staff Application Form (Word document)
Staff applying for accreditation to deliver units may apply for accreditation by discipline or level of units. See the Our Courses page (scroll down) for a list of unit levels and disciplines of the University. For further information, see the Unit Policy.
There are two application rounds each year for initial classification or for the promotion of academic staff at Levels C, D and E. The closing dates are:
- Monday 6 April 2020 (round 1)
- Monday 21 September 2020 (round 2)
All academic staff accredited to teach at the University of Divinity must apply for classification within twelve months of appointment. Classifications are made by the Vice-Chancellor as follows:
- Level A (Associate Lecturer) on the recommendation of the College Principal
- Level B (Lecturer) on the recommendation of the College Principal
- Level C (Senior Lecturer) on the recommendation of the Academic Promotions Committee
- Level D (Associate Professor) on the recommendation of the Academic Promotions Committee
- Classification at Level E (Professor) is made by the Council on the recommendation of the Academic Promotions Committee
Accredited academic staff are members of the University and must abide by the following policies:
Learning Management System and Library Hub
Accredited academic staff are entitled to access the Learning Management System (ARK) and the digital Library Hub. To gain access, please complete the following form and submit electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org