Academic staff of the University are appointed or employed by the Colleges of the University and accredited by the University’s Academic Board. Academic staff may be contacted through the Colleges. Honorary appointments are made by the Academic Board or the Council and include honorary researchers.
Accreditation for academic staff and honorary researchers
Persons may apply through a College for accreditation as an academic staff member or honorary researcher of the University. Please see the staff accreditation page for the policy, application form and further information.
Resources for academic staff
The following pages provide resources for academic staff:
- Unit Development Resources has key resources for approval and development of units and curriculum
- TAMS is the University’s Student Record System
- The Library Hub provides digital library resources to all members of the University
- The Research Repository has metadata and full-text for research publications and theses by staff and students
- ARK is the University-wide Learning Management System
Access to these IT systems is arranged through your College by completion of the IT Systems Access Form.
Academic staff may access ENDNOTE bibliographic and referencing software under a University-wide licence. For details complete the Endnote Access Form and contact your library.
Academic staff have several opportunities for professional development, to assist them in remaining research active and teaching active as required by the Academic Staff Policy. These include:
- Enrolment in the Graduate Certificate in Theological Education
- The annual Teaching for Learning Day (held in November)
- The annual Research Day (held in June)
- Other opportunities arranged by Colleges or the OVC