Colleges where it can be studied
- Stirling Theological College
Level 8 – Bachelor Honours Degree, Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma
- Blended (combination of Online and Face-to-face)
The Graduate Certificate in Supervision is one semester full-time or up to three semesters part-time. It is normally taken as a series of intensives over a period of one year.
Cost of study
The Graduate Certificate in Supervision requires completion of 3 standard postgraduate units. Fees for 2020 are $2,640 per unit or $7,920 for a full-time semester (3 units).
Fees are subject to change from year to year. For more information about fees, please visit the Fees page.
What this course is about
The Graduate Certificate in Supervision forms people to become supervisors of spiritual directors, healthcare workers or pastoral ministers. It educates students to develop ministry skills, personal awareness and pastoral competencies in others.
Course learning outcomes
Graduates of the Graduate Certificate in Supervision:
- have knowledge of the key skills and processes of supervision;
- apply theological reflection, biblical insights and acute self-awareness to the process of self-evaluation in order to assist others to assess realistically their ministry skills;
- have experience of peer and group supervision and appreciation for the art of supervision;
- apply the skills and processes of supervision in particular contexts (spiritual direction, healthcare practice or pastoral ministry).
Follow on study
Graduates may be eligible to proceed to the Graduate Diploma in Supervision.
- Admissions for first semester 2020 close on Friday 14 February 2020.
- Admissions for second semester 2020 close on Friday 17 July 2020.
Successful completion of an undergraduate degree, or an approved equivalent.
How to apply
Every course of study for the Graduate Certificate in Supervision consists of 72 points of units in one of the following programs:
Program 1: Supervision in Practice: Clinical, Ministry, Leadership (Jesuit College of Spirituality)
- DS8021J Individual Ministry Supervision
- DS9131J Peer and Group Supervision
- DS9141J Supervision and the Discernment of Spirits
Program 2: Spiritual Care in Healthcare Practice and Pastoral Ministry (Stirling Theological College)
- DP8015S The Art of Supervision (48 points)
- DP9015S Supervision in Spiritual Care using Critical Reflection
Black Bachelor gown
Where to get further information
- For detailed information about this course, please consult Regulation 45 Graduate Certificate in Supervision, or talk to the course advisor at your chosen College.
- For further information about student support, please visit the Study page.
- Compare Universities using the Government’s Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching (QILT) website.