Colleges where it can be studied
- Catholic Theological College
Level 8 – Bachelor Honours Degree, Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma
The Graduate Certificate in Ageing is one semester full-time and up to three semesters part-time.
Cost of study
The Graduate Certificate in Ageing requires completion of 3 standard postgraduate units. Fees for 2020 are $2,640 per unit or $7,920 for a full-time semester (3 units).
Fees are subject to change from year to year. For more information about fees, please visit the Fees page.
What this course is about
The Graduate Certificate in Ageing allows students to engage in focused learning which will assist them to undertake pastoral care roles in residential and community settings especially in church sponsored aged care facilities. Graduates will be able to articulate insights from a theological and ecclesial understandings of pastoral care.
Course learning outcomes
Graduates of the Graduate Certificate in Ageing:
- have a detailed understanding of the ageing profile of the Australian population;
- have an understanding of the theological, spiritual, pastoral care, and ethical dimensions of human ageing in our Australian context;
- have the skills to evaluate critically contemporary approaches to ageing and the care of aged persons;
- apply the skills necessary to develop, implement, and evaluate pastoral strategies for care of ageing persons in diverse community settings and in a religiously pluralist social context;
- apply understanding and skills to articulate and implement a pastoral care strategy that is attentive to the religious, spiritual, ethical, and pastoral care needs of ageing persons.
Follow on study
- Admissions for first semester 2020 close on Friday 14 February 2020.
- Admissions for second semester 2020 close on Friday 17 July 2020.
Successful completion of an undergraduate degree, or an approved equivalent.
How to apply
The Graduate Certificate in Ageing consists of 72 points comprised of:
- DT9631C Ageing Persons and Pastoral Care
- DT8632C Human Ageing: Theological and Spiritual Perspectives
- DT9633C Ethical Issues and Human Ageing
Black Bachelor gown
Where to get further information
- For detailed information about this course, please consult Regulation 46 Graduate Certificate in Ageing, or talk to the course advisor at your chosen College.
- For further information about student support, please visit the Study page.
- Compare Universities using the Government’s Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching (QILT) website.